As suppliers of the Italian Public Administration will soon have to issue and send invoices in electronic format, a pilot project has been developed based on a Data Interchange System for electronic invoicing. EDICOM is taking part in this project, contributing its extensive experience in the exchange of B2B, B2C and B2G electronic invoices.
The Italian Public Administration has recently launched a pilot project that aims to test a Data Interchange System for electronic invoicing, through which suppliers of the Italian Public Administration will soon have to send electronic invoices.
Various Italian PA bodies (Sogei, the Italian Inland Revenue, DigitPA, etc.) are taking part in the project, as well as companies, such as EDICOM, specialised in transmitting and managing electronic invoices.
The tests being performed involve the exchange of invoices in XML format, with digital signatures.
In terms of e-invoicing, EDICOM is a pioneer in the certification of paperless billing solutions, as governed by EU Directive 2006/112/EC (formerly 2001/115/EC). EDICOM’s solutions are certified in numerous European countries, where the EU directive has been implemented through national standards. Furthermore, since 2008 EDICOM has been a Certification Authority and Time Stamp Authority for Europe.
The EDICOM platform supports various security models (S/MIME, HTTP/S, SECURITY EDIFACT ISO9375-5, XML Dsig, XadES, etc.), all based on X.509v3 certificates. By definition, these systems guarantee the confidentiality, integrity and non-repudiation of contents, as required by EU Directive 2006/112/EC with regard to “paperless bills”.
Characteristics of electronic invoice management and storage solutions:
- Partner-/content-based configuration
- Validation of the conservation of invoices in their original format.
- Guarantee of the storage of information proving the authenticity of the origin and the integrity of the contents of each invoice (digital signature and time stamp).
- Accessibility and readability of documents throughout the storage period required by law.
- Multiple security models supported – S/MIME, HTTP/S, SECURITY EDIFACT ISO9375-5, XML Dsig, XadES, etc. – in compliance with the requirements of EU Directive 2006/112/EC.
- Filing of the certificate and signature linked to the document.
- Checking the validity of the certificate upon issuance and reception.
- Automatic certificate management support. Automatic dispatch and loading of certificates (public key).
- Warning messages notifying the impending expiration of certificates.
- System for the display, selective search, copying and printing of invoices in both the original and readable format.
- Generation of invoices in PDF format.