Mexican airlines have been required to issue digital tax documents for airplane ticket purchases since July 2014. After the tickets have been purchased, these tax documents must be sent to all taxpayers who request them within two business days.
For huge corporations in Mexico that purchase large quantities of plane tickets, the retrieval of digital tax documents can be a long and arduous process. That’s why EDICOM has developed a service specifically designed for automatically obtaining tax documents, therefore making daily management and administration tasks more efficient.
The digital tax document platform recognizes more than 90% of the airline hubs operating in Mexico. The platform’s ability to do this enables it to retrieve the digital tax documents for airplane ticket purchases.
How does this solution work?
The first step is to contact your travel agency to request a unique IATA code for your business or organization. This code is useful not only for retrieving invoices but it also improves the management and administration of flights purchased by your company.
Once you have the code, EDICOM’s digital tax document platform will take care of the rest by allowing the:
- Integration of shopping reports: EDICOM’s solution has a search inquiry form that allows you to enter dates and search for tickets acquired during a certain period of time. These dates enable the solution to start the digital tax document retrieval process.
- Transformation of shopping reports: EDICOM’s solution transforms shopping reports into a markup language (XML), which enables it to connect to airline hubs.
- Communication with airline hubs: Communicating with the airline hubs enables this solution to collect all the tickets generated by the company’s airlines. This happens once a request is made to retrieve the tickets.
- Retrieval of digital tax documents: Using the dates in the search inquiry form, the platform detects the digital tax documents and returns a message in response to the request for tickets.
- Integration with an accounting system: Once the digital tax documents are retrieved, the solution transforms them into a language the company’s internal management system can understand.
EDICOM is the leader in the development of electronic invoicing solutions in Europe and America. As the first authorized provider certified to implement electronic invoicing, EDICOM has a powerful technological infrastructure that integrates all the necessary services for issuing and receiving digital tax documents from invoices to payroll management.